Please note: New website in development - products are subject to availability and price adjustment.
The perfect set for general use in your busy practice.
Available with a choice of C-Cell handle (using conventional batteries) or Lithium-Ion rechargeable handle (complete with charger), the Prestige Diagnostic Set from Welch Allyn offers durability and performance.
The diagnostic set comprises an Ophthalmoscope head and Otoscope head and a convenient carrying and storage case.
3.5V Coaxial Ophthalmoscope
• Unique coaxial ophthalmoscope allows easy entry to the eye and shadow-free viewing of the retina
• HPX bulb gives 30% more light than halogen for truer tissue colour
• Dioptre range: +40 to -25
Apertures and Filters:
• Small - Designed specifically for examination of the macular region of the fundus where a larger beam would create excessive pupillary reaction or patient discomfort.
• Intermediate - Permits easier access through and undilated pupil and in peripheral examination. Particularly useful in paediatric examination.
• Large - Illuminates the largest area of fundus for the best possible general diagnosis through a dilated pupil.
• Fixation-Cross - Projects a graticule onto the retina for assessment of the degree and direction of eccentric fixation.
• Slit - Used primarily to determine retinal elevations and depressions but may also be used to assess anterior chamber depth.
• Red-free - The red free filter is used to examine blood vessels in fine detail. By filtering out the red light, blood vessels are silhouetted against a dark green background.
• 4.2 x magnification
• Twice the field of view
• Adjustable focusing
• Insufflation port for pneumatic otoscopy
• Optional throat illuminator
• Supplied with a C-Cell battery or Lithium Ion handle
• 10 year guarantee (excluding bulbs and batteries)